Chemical release at Littleton High School pool sends one to the hospital – The Denver Post

A release of a mixture of chemicals prompted South Metro Fire Rescue hazmat crews to respond Thursday night to Littleton High School.

Crews suited up to decontaminate the building and found that chlorine, gas and muriatic acid had mixed in the control room of the school’s pool, South Metro Fire Rescue said on Twitter. A custodial team was in the school at the time of the call.

The school was evacuated and the HVAC system was shut down, according to South Metro Fire Rescue.

One person received treatment and was taken to a hospital for injuries that were not life threatening.

 

Source: Read Full Article