Royal Family LIVE: Meghan and Harry enjoy ‘very private’ moment with Kate on 40th birthday
Kate Middleton releases photographs to mark 40th birthday
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Duchess of Cambridge celebrated her 40th birthday last Sunday, January 9 as a small family affair at her and her husband Prince William’s Anmer Hall estate with family and friends. Royal expert, Christopher Anderson, said: “They did a video call. They wished her a happy birthday. [It was] very private. Harry and Meghan were not about to post anything the way they did two years ago.” The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had previously displayed “their affection” for Kate, but the dynamic of the Royal Family has changed, the “Brothers and Wives: inside the Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry, and Meghan” author added. He said: “This time everything was kept private”
FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES…
Kate faces ‘heavy burden’ as Megxit and Prince Andrew scandal pushes Firm to the edge
The Duchess of Cambridge, faces a “heavy burden” as the Royal Family is stretched after Megxit and Andrew’s withdrawal.
Two years ago, Harry and Meghan Markle shocked the world when they announced they were stepping down as members of the Royal Family. The couple relocated to California with their son, Archie, and have since welcomed a daughter, Lilibet Diana.
To add to the strain Queen Elizabeth II is facing, her son, Prince Andrew currently embroiled in a civil court case brought against him by one of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims, Virginia Guiffre.
Andrew has vehemently denied all of the accusations made against him but they have seriously marred his reputation.
Following Andrew’s withdrawal and Meghan and Harry’s departure, Royal expert Robert Jobson believes the Duchess of Cambridge will face a “heavy burden”.
Prince Harry predicted royal future with emotional outburst decades before Megxit row
Prince Harry seemingly predicted his own royal future decades earlier during a childhood argument with his brother Prince William.
From a young age, both Harry and his older brother appeared to have been very much aware of their differing futures.
As the eldest child of the Queen’s eldest son, William will one day be King, while it’s likely that over time Harry will slip down the line of succession.
Aged just four at the time, Harry is said to have made a shocking outburst directed at his older brother that eerily predicted his future.
The comments made by young Harry came amid a squabble between him and his brother while travelling from London to Gloucester for a weekend.
Ken added: “Harry out of nowhere said: ‘William, one day you’ll be king, I won’t, it doesn’t matter therefore I can do what I like’.”
Their mother Princess Diana was said to be taken aback by the remark and questioned where Harry had got it from.
Prince Andrew could move out of £30m, 31-bedroom mansion after Queen stripped titles
Prince Andrew could choose to leave his royal residence and relocate after the Queen stripped him of his military titles and royal patronages.
On Thursday, it was announced Andrew had his royal patronages and military affiliations returned to the Queen following the latest ruling in the civil case being brought against him by Virginia Giuffre.
The Duke of York, 61, will also stop using the style His Royal Highness in an official capacity, and will defend the sexual abuse case as a “private citizen”.
Following this, the Prince could decide to move out of Royal Lodge, his home on the Queen’s Windsor estate.
‘Madness’ Harry and Meghan’s bathroom setup branded ‘clownish’ in California drought
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s mansion has come under fire for the number of bathrooms it has as California faces a drought.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Montecito home reportedly has 16 bathrooms. Commentator Shane Watson describes the number as “insane”, adding that it looks “more clownish than ever” as drought-stricken California enforces water restrictions.
Ms Watson made the comments in a piece discussing celebrities downsizing from mansions.
Writing for the Daily Telegraph, the commentator said: “The easiest way to spot a Celebrity Clown, or at least one of the ways, is they live in a 16-bathroom house, and there are two of them and two under five (see the Sussexes).
“As you know – but let’s put it out there one more time because it never ceases to make us boggle – Harry and Meghan’s Montecito residence has seven more bathrooms than it has bedrooms.
“That is nine en-suites, plus another strategically placed seven conveniences.”
King Edward VIII’s secret telegram to Hitler for ‘peaceful solution’ before World War 2
King Edward VIII sent a secret telegram to Hitler urging for a “peaceful solution” to the escalating hostilities between Britain and Nazi Germany during the build-up to World War 2, royal historian Andrew Lownie claimed in a book.
The former King was known to embrace German culture and be close to his German cousins on the side of his father, George V, who he succeeded as monarch.
However, while the Royal Family’s German ancestry is well-documented, what is less well-known is how Edward once appealed to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler himself for “peace”.
Royal biographer Andrew Lownie detailed the secret correspondence between the pair in his book, ‘Traitor King: The Scandalous Exile of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor’, published last year.
He wrote: “The Duke still felt that war could be averted and on 27 August  he sent a personal telegram to Hitler.”
Sussex Squad fury as Meghan Markle dragged into engagement ring row
Sussex Squad fans have reacted with fury after Meghan Markle was dragged into an engagement ring row with Megan Fox.
Following news the Hollywood star was engaged to rapper Machine Gun Kelly (MGK) there was speculation her two engagement rings cost more than the Duchess of Sussex’s.
The A-listers recently got engaged in Puerto Rico with her beau designing two rings for the Transformers star that cost up to a reported £218,000 each.
This combined £436,000 figure dwarves Meghan’s trilogy ring which features diamonds from Botswana and Prince Harry’s late mother Princess Diana’s personal collection.
Prince Andrew’s case to ‘eclipse the WHOLE of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee’, expert warns
Prince Andrew’s legal court case could overshadow the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration this year, a lawyer claimed.
Prince Andrew will face a legal civil sex trial after a US judge dismissed his plea for Virginia Giuffre’s lawsuit to be thrown out.
Ms Giuffre alleges the Duke had sexual relations with her when she was still underage, claims Andrew has repeatedly and consistently denied.
Lawyer Mark Stephens claimed the Duke of York’s case could eclipse the whole of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Prince Harry’s memoir another big blow for Queen as Prince Andrew court case looms
Prince Harry’s memoir release later in 2022 will be adding up to the Queen’s worries over Prince Andrew, a royal biographer claimed.
Prince Harry’s memoir could add up to the Queen’s bundle of problems as the release clashes with Prince Andrew’s trial period, Ms Levin noted.
The memoir announcement already hinted that the Duke of Sussex will be focussing on the “experience and life lessons” he learned while a senior member of the Royal Family.
Harry is expected to talk in-depth about the impact of Princess Diana’s death on his adult life, with commentators warning the Duke could share further bombshell insight on his personal life.
Queen held emergency meeting with Prince William as Andrew case looms
Queen Elizabeth II held an emergency meeting with Prince William before stripping Prince Andrew of his military affiliations and royal patronages, a report has claimed.
The Queen, 95, met with Prince William, 39, to discuss what action should be taken on Prince Andrew, 61, following a ruling in New York, the Mirror has revealed.
Her Majesty reportedly concluded the Duke of York would lose his military affiliations and royal patronages following the summit, which supposedly took place at Windsor Castle on Wednesday.
This decision was made less than a day after New York judge Lewis Kaplan, 77, ruled Andrew must face a civil trial on allegations he sexually abused Virginia Giuffre when she was 17.
Andrew denies the accusations made against him.
Prince William and Charles involved in decision to strip Andrew of titles – ‘Concerned’
Prince William and Prince Charles were reportedly involved in the decision to strip Prince Andrew of his royal patronages and military titles according to a BBC royal correspondent.
On Thursday, Buckingham Palace announced the Duke of York has lost his honorary military roles and royal patronages as he continues to battle a civil sex case against Virginia Guiffre in the US.
A statement from the palace read: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.
“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”
However, according to Nicholas Witchell, a royal correspondent for the BBC, the Prince of Wales and his son, the Duke of Cambridge had a hand in advising the Queen to strip his privileges.
Prince Harry’s next appearance confirmed – Duke to discuss cause close to him and Meghan
Prince Harry’s first appearance of the year has been confirmed as the Duke prepares to discuss a cause close to his and Meghan’s hearts next month.
On February 3, the Duke of Sussex, 37, will be taking part in a virtual event with BetterUp, a mental health startup founded in 2013.
The San Francisco-based startup offers professional and personal coaching through its mobile app to help people live “more meaningful, vibrant lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion”.
Harry was hired by the body last year, and works as a “chief impact officer”.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thank public for birthday wishes
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thanked members of the public for their kind words after Kate’s 40th birthday.
The message read: “Thank you for all of your very kind birthday wishes, and to Paolo and the National Portrait Gallery for these three special portraits.”
Source: Read Full Article