Royal Family ‘increasingly fed up’ with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s monarchy digs
Harry and Meghan: Royals 'increasingly fed up' says expert
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s direct attacks on the monarchy have caused the Royal Family to grow “increasingly fed up” with their behaviour. A royal expert said that in the wake of their media interviews in recent months, the Royal Family are “closing ranks” against the couple, as public opinion also turns against the Sussexes.
Former Margaret Thatcher adviser Nile Gardiner told Fox News: “Without a doubt, the Royal Family are growing increasingly fed up with the behaviour of Meghan and Harry and British public opinion is turning firmly against Meghan and Harry as well.
“You’re seeing the Royal Family really closing ranks here.”
With regards to their recent Oprah interviews, he said: “I think that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have behaved in a less than exemplary fashion in recent months, launching a series of attacks against the monarchy.
“Of course, the Queen is head of the monarchy and so I think there’s a feeling within the Royal Family that the behaviour of Meghan and Harry certainly leaves much to be desired.”
His comments follow the demotion of Prince Harry and Meghan on the Royal Family’s official website.
The couple is now listed below Prince Edward, the Countess of Wessex and Princess Anne.
They had previously been listed near the top, underneath the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Mr Gardiner added: “You’re seeing certainly the Royal Family coming together, distancing the Royal Family from Harry and Meghan.”
Relations between the monarchy and the California-based couple have been strained since Harry and Meghan announced they would be stepping back from their roles as working royals in January 2020.
In a move dubbed Megxit by the British press, the couple ceased to represent the Queen at formal engagements and relinquished their patronages.
Since then, the pair have conducted a 2-hour tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey which was broadcasted in March. The bombshell interview discussed their reasons for leaving the Royal Family and directly attacked the monarchy.
Accusations included the Palace ignoring Meghan’s plea for mental health support, refusing to correct damaging tabloid stories and refusing to honour their son with a title.
The most serious allegation was that a senior unnamed member of the Royal Family expressed concern over the skin colour of their unborn child.
‘Ideal’ Kate to take on ‘Queen’ role while Camilla stays ‘Princess’ in future changes
Prince Edward reveals royal rift is ‘difficult for everyone’ on Philip’s centenary
Prince Harry heartbroken as Duke speaks out on Diana charity ‘act of barbarism
In a later interview with Oprah Winfrey for their Apple TV+ series, Prince Harry accused his family of “total neglect” and spoke of Meghan Markle’s suicidal thoughts.
He also commented on his estranged relationship with his father Prince Charles, saying he “stopped taking my calls” and that he felt “really let down” by his father’s handling of the situation.
Their comments were said to have ‘deeply upset’ the Queen and plunged the monarchy into a PR crisis.
Whilst the Duke of Sussex and his family displayed a united front for Prince Philip’s funeral, reconciliatory talks behind closed doors have been unproductive. Prince Harry is next expected to be reunited with his relatives on July 1, to unveil a statue dedicated to his mother Princess Diana.
Source: Read Full Article