Prince Harry reborn: Insider exposes Duke’s new mentality on life – ‘Live truthfully’
Prince Harry says vaccines 'shouldn't be politicised'
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Bryony Gordon, who interviewed Prince Harry four years ago when he first revealed he had sought counselling to come to term with the death of his mother, has spoken about the Duke of Sussex’s new approach to life. Harry, she said, has accepted to have critics.
And this knowledge has “set him free”, she claimed.
She wrote in the Daily Telegraph: “The Duke knows he has critics.
“He expects to have critics, given the very public stance he has made, not just about the media, but also his own family.
“He has accepted this, and it is this acceptance that has set him free, in many ways.
“He is no longer living in fear of the repercussions of existing as himself, as he wants and needs to be.
“He knows he has made mistakes – who among us hasn’t? – but he now sees that the most efficient way to live is truthfully, and not just by the expectations of others.”
Ms Gordon believes the much-anticipated docu-series Harry has worked on with Oprah Winfrey, The Me You Can’t See, will “tell us much about his mental health now”.
If you can’t see the poll below, please click here
Recalling the interview she led in 2017, she continued: “The anger of the past has gone, and it has been replaced with a sense of purpose.
“California is not just Harry’s physical home for now – it is also his spiritual one, where nobody thinks anything of openly discussing their struggles.”
Four years ago, ahead of the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death, Prince Harry opened up for the first time about his mental health struggles.
The Duke told Ms Gordon he had endured two years of “total chaos” in his late 20s, while he was still struggling to come to term with the monumental loss he suffered aged 12.
Harry, who was 32 in 2017, revealed he sought the help of a professional when he was 28, after feeling “on the verge of punching someone” and struggling with anxiety while carrying out his royal work.
On Monday, Prince Harry and Oprah announced the release date of their multi-part documentary.
The Me You Can’t See Me will premiere on Apple TV+ on May 21 and will feature an array of guests discussing mental health, including singer Lady Gaga and actress Glenn Close.
Several mental health professionals and organisations will also take part in the programme.
But Prince Harry and Oprah will do more than guide the conversations.
A statement said they are also set to open up about their own “experiences and struggles”.
Prince Harry also said in a statement: “We are born into different lives, brought up in different environments, and as a result are exposed to different experiences.
“But our shared experience is that we are all human.
“The majority of us carry some form of unresolved trauma, loss, or grief, which feels—and is—very personal.
“Yet the last year has shown us that we are all in this together, and my hope is that this series will show there is power in vulnerability, connection in empathy, and strength in honesty.”
This programme was first announced in April 2019, when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were still full-time working royals.
It was first meant to be released one year later, in April 2020, but the coronavirus pandemic pushed the release of the docu-series production back.
Source: Read Full Article