Meghan’s sick dad claims he will not ‘be buried by her’
Thomas Markle ‘desperate to reconcile’ with Meghan
Thomas Markle, the Duchess’s estranged dad, has said that he refuses “to be buried” by his daughter who has previously said she had already mourned him.
During Harry and Meghan’s bombshell docuseries, the Duchess, 41, said she had “lost her dad” who she has had a difficult relationship with since she began dating Prince Harry.
In Harry’s memoir, Spare, he also claimed that his wife “was mourning the loss of her father.”
Thomas Markle, a former Hollywood lighting director, spoke with 7News Spotlight about the comments made by both his daughter and royal son-in-law.
He told the Australian news channel, during an interview which aired on Sunday: “She killed me and then mourned me.”
But he said: “I refuse to be buried by her,” despite saying it will likely be his final interview.
During the interview, Thomas Markle, half-brother Thomas Markle Jr and half-sister Samantha Markle were grilled on their relationship with the Duchess, which has become increasingly toxic following their outspoken remarks to the press.
The disgruntled dad shared never-before-seen videos of him with his daughter as proof that “she loved” her dad who was “her hero”.
But then he claimed he was “suddenly thrown out.”
“I wish that we could sit down and talk,” he said, while conceding that it is unlikely given that Meghan didn’t make contact even after his stroke last year.
He asked: “If she doesn’t turn up for a stroke, if that doesn’t move her, what would?”
Markle also claimed that Meghan hasn’t spoken to him for over four years, shortly after she married Prince Harry.
The Duchess’ estranged half-siblings, Samantha and Thomas Jr, also said they were offended by Meghan claiming to be an “only child” during her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021.
Harry felt ‘displaced’ after Charlotte’s birth as William bond cracked[LATEST]
Inside King Charles’s luxury £40m RAF jet that can fly 425mph[INSIGHT]
Princess Beatrice’s significant weight loss after ‘upsetting’ pictures[COMMENT]
Samantha claimed that Meghan denied their existence because she didn’t think they were good enough for her new life.
Meanwhile, Mr Markle said his goal is just to “sit down and talk” with his daughter, son-in-law and meet his grandkids.
“It’s just very sad from a father’s perspective. It’s a huge disappointment and it’s sad every day,” he added.
He went on: “Meg I love you — I love my grandchildren. I’d love to see them,” he said, noting that they are “gonna have my nose, they’re gonna have my eyes.”
“I’m open to any kind of conversation,” he said in a final message to his daughter, smiling as he said, “Thank you.”
But the interview didn’t go down well – with many viewers taking to social media to condemn the estranged family’s “disgusting” and “unnecessary” comments about their family member.
One Twitter user posted: “Dear Channel 7 the special attacking Meghan Markle is disgusting and unnecessary.”
Another a viewer trashed the interview on Twitter, questioning the ethics of running it in the first place: “I’m looking for credibility, please advise the public what you paid for these interviews – be transparent – or does that not come with responsible journalisn, switching off now.”
Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article