Meghan’s family no ‘use to her anymore’ despite dad’s ‘deathbed’ plea
Thomas Markle ‘desperate to reconcile’ with Meghan
The Duchess of Sussex doesn’t believe that her “family are any use to her anymore” as she “only makes time for people that can help her in some way,” a royal expert has claimed during an explosive interview with Express.co.uk.
It comes after her estranged dad, Thomas Markle, made a “deathbed” plea to his daughter over the weekend, in the hopes of reconciling with her.
Mr Markle, 78, a former Hollywood lighting director, spoke with 7News Spotlight on Sunday, alongside his son, Thomas Markle Jnr, and daughter, Samantha Markle.
During the interview, Thomas Markle, half-brother Thomas Markle Jr and half-sister Samantha Markle were grilled on their relationship with the Duchess, which has become increasingly toxic following their outspoken remarks to the press.
But the disgruntled dad said he is “open to any kind of conversation” in what he described as a “deathbed” plea to the “daughter he lost”.
But Kinsey Schofield, the host of the To Di For Daily podcast, told Express.co.uk that she expected Meghan to snub her father’s reconciliation plea.
When asked if she thinks her father’s emotional request will encourage Meghan to get in touch with him, Ms Schofield said: “Realistically it should.
“He is clearly struggling. But unfortunately, I don’t think Meghan sees the value of having a father in her life and I think that has got to be a lonely mindset and existence.”
She added: “Meghan has proven time and time again that she only makes time for people that can help her in some way, and it seems that Meghan does not believe that her family is of any use to her anymore.”
The Duchess is believed to have cut ties with her outspoken dad after he sold stories about her to the press.
During the bombshell interview, which aired on Australian television, Thomas Snr shared never-before-seen videos of him with his daughter as proof that “she loved” her dad who was “her hero”.
But then he claimed he was “suddenly thrown out.”
“I wish that we could sit down and talk,” he said, while conceding that it is unlikely given that Meghan didn’t make contact even after his stroke last year.
Anne brushes off concerns about Royal Family’s drop in popularity[LATEST]
‘Boring’ Meghan and Harry told to ‘give up and move back to UK'[INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle snubs Met Gala and hunkers down in California[COMMENT]
Referring to the stroke he suffered last year, the ailing dad who walks with a cane, asked: “If she doesn’t turn up for a stroke, if that doesn’t move her, what would?”
Markle also claimed that Meghan hasn’t spoken to him for over four years, shortly after she married Prince Harry.
During Harry and Meghan’s bombshell docuseries, the Duchess, 41, said she had “lost her dad” who she has had a difficult relationship with since she began dating Prince Harry.
In Harry’s memoir, Spare, he also claimed that his wife “was mourning the loss of her father.”
It comes after the outspoken Markle admitted to selling stories to the press about his daughter.
Meghan said, during her explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021, that she felt “betrayed” by her dad’s decision to go to the papers, which she said he had denied – but that turned out to be false.
In an exclusive interview with Good Morning Britain, Markle admitted to Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid: “I denied it,” before adding that he wished he had “never done the whole thing.”
But despite claiming he regrets the decision, he went on to say: “Bottom line, I’ve never heard back from Meghan and Harry in any way shape or form. What I do if I don’t hear from them, is I’ll do another story for the press.”
Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article