Meghan Markle took ‘history lessons’ from Prince Charles before rift
Meghan Markle 'could join' Harry on UK return says expert
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Speaking on Channel 5’s latest royal documentary, Meghan at 40: The Climb To Power, which airs Saturday July 24 on Channel 5, royal expert Emily Andrews explained how Meghan had a burning interest in the history of the Royal Family and spent many hours being given history lessons by Prince Charles at his home Clarence House. Ms Andrews explained how the pair’s relationship grew strongly over shared interests but the relationship soured when Meghan and Harry departed the Royal Family last year. But Ms Andrews speculated how the relationship could possibly be fixed when Charles becomes King.
The royal expert said: “The relationship between Meghan and Charles was once so good.
“Charles adored her, they had a lot in common, art, music.”
And in a surprising admission, Ms Andews revealed that Meghan threw herself into learning about history.
She explained: “She [Meghan] used to go round to Clarence House to have, effectively, history lessons with Charles on the history of the Royal Family.”
JUST IN ‘Close bond’ Meghan Markle’s royal feud could heal when Prince Charles becomes King
Ms Andrews explained how “both Meghan and Charles really enjoyed that” and their “close bond” grew as a result.
She added: “Charles was a real passionate historian, Meghan had a thirst for knowledge.”
Ms Andrews added how “they had a really good relationship”.
But the relationship is “currently pretty much in tatters” as a result of the attacks made by Harry and Meghan in interviews since their departure from the Royal Family to start a new life in California.
Meghan Markle 'knew what she was in for' claims Shrager
The comments come following reports by the Daily Mail newspaper on Saturday that Prince Harry has signed a contract with publishers to publish four new books in a deal thought to be worth $40million.
A source told the newspaper: “He conducted negotiations – he had a very ‘take it or leave it’ attitude,’ said an impeccably-placed source in the publishing industry.
“His starting price was $25million (£18million) and the final figure was way north of that, possibly as much as $35-40million (£25-29million).
“Those involved were actually very shocked by his approach, which was to look at them coldly and state his demands – $25million.”
They added: “People [will] start asking ‘what has he got, who is he going to target?’ The very idea of this unexploded bomb, hanging about waiting for the Queen to pass, is just extraordinary and may strike many as being in very bad taste.”
Prince Harry will publish his memoir next year during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
But it has been revealed Harry will write two books while his wife Meghan Markle will pen ‘wellness book’, it is unclear what the fourth book will be about.
On June 9, Meghan’s latest book ‘The Bench’ reached number 3 on Amazon’s’ USA bestsellers list and was number 1 in the Children’s Emotions books category.
Source: Read Full Article