M1 CLOSED: Rush hour hell as all drivers trapped in gridlock – huge queues building
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The motorway was shut at around 8.15am after a crash between Junction 42, for Lofthouse, and Junction 43, for the M621 interchange to Leeds. At around 8am, traffic was held after the accident on the northbound carriageway. The motorway has now been shut between the two junctions.
Traffic and travel service Inrix reportes: “M1 northbound closed long delays, stationary traffic due to accident from J42 M62 J29 (Lofthouse) to J43 (M621 interchange) Leeds.
“Congestion to J41 (Carrgate). All traffic held around 08:00.”
A spokesperson for National Highways said: “The M1 in West Yorkshire is closed northbound between J42 (M62) and J44 (Leeds) due to a collision.
“All emergency services are in attendance. National Highways Traffic Officers are also on scene assisting with traffic management.”
National Highways has issued diversions for drivers, with northbound traffic diverted via the hollow circle diversion symbol. They said:
- Exit the M1 at J42 (Lofthouse Interchange) and proceed to the end of the slip road.
- At the roundabout, take the third exit onto the M62 (Eastbound) and proceed along this road for approx. 2 miles to the junction with the M62 J30.
- At the junction, exit the M62 at J30 and proceed to the end of the slip road.
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto A642 and proceed along this road for approx. 1 mile to the roundabout with the A639.
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto A639 and proceed along this road for approx. 2 miles to re-join the M1 at J44.
MORE TO FOLLOW
Source: Read Full Article