Harry criticised after private royal details leaked to US media ‘as soon as he left UK’
Prince Harry: Expert discusses leaks from royal conversations
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Prince Harry has been criticised after details of his conversations with the rest of the Royal Family were leaked upon his return to California. The Duke of Sussex has now returned to his home in California after spending nine days in the UK to attend the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral. Speaking to talkRADIO, Charlie Rae, the former royal editor at The Sun, said that Harry “hardly put his foot back on American soil when the leaks started”.
He told radio host Kevin O’Sullivan that “there is reticence at the Palace because they know that any conversations will end up somewhere on the American media”.
Mr O’Sullivan complained that the media overstated claims that Harry and William were resolving their differences after they spotted speaking to each other at Prince Philip’s funeral.
He said: “After Prince Philip’s funeral, you saw Harry and William having a few words together. Papers immediately labelled it ‘peace at last’. Talk about overstating it!
“We were right. We said at the very best it was only the beginning of the end of the feud. I don’t even think it looks like that.”
JUST IN: Queen on collision course with Charles and William over Prince Andrew
Mr O’Sullivan added: “Harry has gone back to the US and it’s all guns blazing again. The Royal Family is still at war.”
Mr Rae responded: “You’re right. Harry has hardly put his foot back on American soil when leaks started.
“First in People magazine and then the biographer Omid Scobie discussed Meghan’s conversation with the Queen on Zoom before the funeral.
“He suggested that the ice had been broken on Saturday.”
Prince Harry: Expert on 'conversation' with William and Charles
He claimed that the report of a two-hour conversation between Harry, William and Charles after the funeral was “absolutely not correct”.
This comes amid concerns in the Palace after a series of details were leaked to the press.
Crucial talks between Harry and senior members of the Firm have been put on hold due to these concerns, according to the Sun.
Details of how Meghan Markle watched Prince Philip’s funeral, for instance, were published with comments from insiders.
BBC correspondent predicts China and US military clash over Taiwan [INSIGHT]
BBC boss sparks ridicule and backlash over broadcaster claims [VIDEO]
BBC Weather: Britons to bask in 20C heat before temperatures drop [FORECAST]
It also emerged the Duchess of Sussex touchingly sent a wreath to be laid at the funeral.
Royal expert Daniela Elsa said “something Sussex-related has managed to end up in the headlines” despite details of the eight other wreaths not being released.
It is believed that Prince Harry will return to the UK again this summer for the unveiling of a statue of Princess Diana.
He will join his brother for a ceremony rescheduled from 2020 at Kensington Palace’s Sunken Garden.
Source: Read Full Article