Harry and Meghan officially invited to Coronation
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have officially confirmed that they have been invited to the King’s Coronation, but have refused to say whether they will attend the May 6 ceremony. The news follows months of speculation over whether an invite would be extended to the couple or not, particularly due to the ongoing rift between Harry and the Royal Family.
However, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has told The Times: “I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s office regarding the Coronation.
“An immediate decision on whether the Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time.”
The Sussexes’ attendance appeared uncertain following Harry’s string of accusations, aimed towards the family, and various claims made in the couple’s Netflix series, which was released in December.
In true royal style, the Royal Family have remained tight-lipped on all the allegations made.
However, the King is said to have been “hit hard” by the claims.
Reports have suggested that Harry’s potshots towards his stepmother, the Queen Consort where what “crossed the line”, leading to the King’s decision to evict his younger son and daughter-in-law from their Windsor-based home, Frogmore Cottage.
In an interview, which coincided with release of Spare in January, Harry deemed Camilla as “dangerous” and expressed that he feared she would become an “evil stepmother”. He also claimed that he and Prince William begged their father not to marry her.
Following speculation over the eviction, a spokesperson for the couple confirmed, earlier this week, that they had been “requested to vacate” the home.
MORE TO FOLLOW…
Source: Read Full Article